I’m always looking for healthy alternatives for recipes. I also always try to sneak in flaxseed and chia seed into meals. Adding the Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium into a meal is always a good idea and with these pancakes, it was a perfect addition.
Recently, I’ve been craving pancakes but rarely eat them because of the calories and carbs so these are a great alternative without the guilt!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seed (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed (optional)
- 1. Mash banana in a bowl using a fork getting as many lumps out as possible. Add eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, chia, and flax seed and mix batter well.
- 2. Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat. Spoon batter into skillet and cook until you see bubbles form and the edges are dry, approximately 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Repeat with remaining batter.
Adapted from All Recipes.
Rach, I made these this morning and they were delish! Satisfied my pancake craving for sure, will def make again 🙂 I’m trying to do better this year cooking in general and in a healthier way, so always love a new recipe. Thanks for posting!
HA! Yes, I lived on these post baby! Glad you enjoyed. xoxo
This looks awesome – can’t wait to try!
Thanks girlfriend! Super easy, guilt free! xoxo